Preventing cancer needs more attention. My money, time and energy would rather be spent in prevention education versus the treatment recommendations that are not based on superior science and with yukky results.
According to an article I read recently (link below), three advancements in cancer prevention that have not been accepted by conventional medicine are:
1. Radically reduce your sugar intake.
2. Vitamin D
And what else would those three prevent?
And (also mentioned in the article)…Additional lifestyle guidelines that will help protect you against cancer include:
- Get appropriate amounts of animal-based omega 3 fats.
Joy note: Remember quality counts.
- Eat according to your nutritional type (www.mercola.com/nt)
- Have a tool to permanently erase the neurological short circuiting that can activate cancer genes. Even the CDC state that 85 percent of disease is caused by emotions. It is likely that this factor may be more important than all the other physical ones listed here, so make sure this is addressed. (How to Resolve 7 Deadly Stresses – www.iblp.org/store – click on Health)
- Maintain an ideal body weight.
- Get enough high-quality sleep.
- Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners and air pollution. (www.joyboudreau.MyEBookPage.com)
- Reduce your use of cell phones and other wireless technologies, and implement as many safety strategies as possible if/when you cannot avoid their use.
- Boil, poach or steam your foods, rather than frying or charbroiling them.
Do your homework – if you go to this complete article, (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/05/24/american-cancer-society–more-interested-in-wealth-than-health.aspx) – you will see many resources to help you decide if choices matter or not.